Interesting topic!

So you want to know how to play dedillo? >:)

If you live in the U.S., just go to a good Mexican restaurant with a good
Mariachi band.

I was in a local restaurant a few months ago and the duo who was serenading the
patrons had stopped at our table. I observed that the one player was executing
all sorts of scale type divisions while using only his index finger. He was very
good. He apparently teaches as well. I briefly thought about a few lessons for
dedillo, but I think I would just end up playing poorly both thumb under and
dedillo.

Ironically, I asked the duo if they could play "Guardame las Vacas" and received
blank stares. My Spanish pronunciation isn't that bad!!!!

At any rate, dedillo apparently is a thriving technique among certain factions
of the Mariachi crowd.

I don't know how viable looking up Mariachi groups in the UK would be.

On another ( my current favorite ) topic: Does anyone have tempo suggestions for
the Paez "Bacas" ? I know the current fashion is to play at light speed, but
there are some nice, delicate cadences in there that might get lost!

And lastly, I know that "Guardame las Vacas" is a Romanesca, but does anyone
know if there actually was a folk tune of that name? I know I've asked this over
the years, but I've never gotten a definitive answer. Did it originally have
lyrics?

Garry