Eugene C. Braig IV wrote:

> I know you perceive some kind of anti-charango snobbery amongst
> members,
> but I don't perceive that amongst most.  It's just that what most of
> the
> world conceptualizes as "vihuela" is not charango and charango thus
> isn't
> an ordinary focus of this forum.

Exactly so.  The charango is one of thousands of instruments that is
not the historical vihuela.   Among the millions who play or listen to
the charango, there are probably only a handful who who care about an
obscure Spanish renaissance instrument, its music, or the people
(safely numbered in four figures, no doubt) who play it.  The two sets
just don't intersect much.