I enjoyed this.  Of course, half of these things aren't quite like baroque
instruments, but who cares?  Acknowledge them for what they are and enjoy.  I'm
not fond of the term "6 course Baroque Mandolin", especially with its
questionable use of capitalization (I would simply have said "6-course
mandolino" or similar), and--I almost hate to say it, but--the term "'Baroque'
Charango" strikes me as particularly dubious since I'm not aware of anybody
having used the term "charango" in the baroque era, and his appears (from what
I can see of the grainy video: I could be in error) to have geared tuners and a
raised fingerboard extending onto the soundboard in very un-baroque fashion (at
least regarding plucked gut-strung thingies).

Once again, I think the pretense to HIP in such cases is a wholly unnecessary
and superfluous artifice.  There's nothing wrong with playing any music you'd
like on a charango and simply calling it a charango (or whatever its builder
intended it be called).  There's not even anything wrong with saying "Here is
my charango and here is how it is similar to some things that were played in
the baroque era..."

Duo Ahlert & Schwab (who got some recent discussion on the lute list for
including Weiss on their last CD) appreciate La Volta enough to have offered
their CD an on-line plug a year or two ago (I thought I might have referred you
to them at that time, Bill, but don't recall).

Best,
Eugene