________________________________

Lähettäjä: Stuart Walsh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lähetetty: ti 22.1.2008 18:36
Vastaanottaja: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kopio: vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu
Aihe: [VIHUELA] Re: Le Cocq - scores

Rob wrote:
> The indefatigable Timo Peedu has re-typeset pieces in Am by Le Cocq, pdf
> available for free here:
>

> www.rmguitar.info/scores.htm
>

> These are really tuneful, not too difficult, pieces for baroque guitar. Some
> great harmonic twists.
>

> Thanks to Timo. All hail!
>

> Rob

Very nice pieces, indeed. I've never had a try at any of his music
before. My guitar is not in re-entrant tuning at the moment (presumably
the intended tuning for this music) nevertheless just running quickly
through the pieces they still sound very effective.

Peedu, in the 'Sarbande' in D, is the final bar on the second line
right? The 'Em7' doesn't sound idiomatic. And in the final 'Gigue'
should bars 9 and 10 be the same?

It must have taken ages to write all this out. It is appreciated.

(Were there strum indications in the original?)

Stuart