From: Rob MacKillop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 21 maart 2008 10:31
To: Vihuela
Subject: [VIHUELA] Air Gascon

I'm having trouble understanding the text of Moulinie's Air Gascon: Lauzel
ques sul boyssou. Seems to my uneducated eye a mixture of French, Italian
and Spanish. Where is Gascon?

Here is the text. Translation, anyone?

Lauzel ques sul boyssou,
Digos uno cansou
Alegro la mio vido:
E baiten tout d'u vol
Veire la Margarido,
Li raconta mon dol.

E digos li d'abort,
Que yeu souy deja mort
Despey quieu nou ley visto,
E qu'absent de son oel
Yeu ey larmo tant tristo
Quieu bouldrio' estre'al tombel.

It comes from Moulinie's collection of Airs de Cour avec la tablature de
luth et de guitarre (1629) which Timo Peedu has kindly placed on my website:
http://www.rmguitar.info/scores.htm - these are really good songs.

Rob MacKillop