Maybe this is of interest??? Are you going to Jack's later?

Dear all,

I've recorded five pieces from the Coimbra manuscript - they can be found on my www.songoftherose.co.uk site, or just click on the following links for
each one. I think these are WONDERFUL pieces and should be more popular.
Rogerio Budasz did the main work transcribing these pieces from the original
manuscript as part of his doctoral dissertation: *The Five-Course Guitar
(Viola) In Portugal and Brazil in the Late Seventeenth and Early Eighteenth Centuries,* 2001. The pieces are notated without time signals and are often a little odd in places, clearly stemming from a tradition of improvisation.
I've arranged them as best I could.

Canario - http://www.songoftherose.co.uk/mp3/bg/portugal/Canario.mp3 - good
enough to rival Sanz's? Almost!

Chacara de Abreau -
http://www.songoftherose.co.uk/mp3/bg/portugal/Chacara%20de% 20Abreau.mp3 - a
jacaras

Tricotte de Alemanda -
http://www.songoftherose.co.uk/mp3/bg/portugal/Tricotte.mp3 - NOT an
allemande

Meya Danca - http://www.songoftherose.co.uk/mp3/bg/portugal/Meya% 20Danca.mp3

Terantela - http://www.songoftherose.co.uk/mp3/bg/portugal/ Terantela.mp3 * Terantela* has only four bars of chords and one variation, to which I have
added four more.

I've enjoyed playing them, and hope you enjoy hearing them. Please don't ask
me for scores as I am not sure of the legal implications. They are my
arrangements, but Rogerio Budasz did the transcribing.

Rob MacKillop
PS I will put them on the vihuela/guitar network site soon.