   make it rhyme]
   Good wishes,
   John
   On 23/05/2009, at 3:04, Nelson, Jocelyn wrote:

     Hmmm . . .
     Now it's even more fascinating.
     Thanks,
     Jocelyn
     From: Monica Hall <[1][1]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
     Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:53:33 -0400
     To: "Nelson, Jocelyn" <[2][2]nels...@ecu.edu>
     Cc: Vihuelalist <[3][3]vihu...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: [VIHUELA] Re: [VIHUELA] vihuela de pendola
     Well - it seems a bit obscure - but sota according to my dictionary
     means
     Jack, knave, hussy or brazen woman.
     So it could translate as
     la vyuela de pendola con aquestos y sota
     The vihuela de pendola with these and a knave/etc.
     Fill in your own - but it might help to have the rest of the verse.
     Monica