   From: RALPH MAIER <[1]rkcma...@shaw.ca>
   Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:43:49 -0400
   To: Monica Hall <[2]mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
   Cc: Stewart McCoy <[3]lu...@tiscali.co.uk>, Vihuelalist
   <[4]vihu...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Chord I
      It's interesting that Murcia would suggest a partial barre with the
   2nd
      finger in his table. There are however plenty of instances where the
      chord is written out using a partial barre with the first finger
   (for
      example, the Gallarda fol.5, line 2, m.3).
      If you find the barre difficult you might want to check your left
   hand
      position. The large knuckle at the base of the finger needs to be
      slightly ahead of the fingerboard and the tip segment has to be kept
      loose. Be persistent - eventually it will make your life much
   easier.
      Happy playing.
      Ralph