Alas - I couldn't access the Youtube site so I can't listen to or comment on the performance. I don't know why.

I put the original tablaure on my www.earlyguitar.ning.com page - in the photo section with the recomposed section enclosed in brackets and a staff notation version - which Django does automatically but very literally - with the scores.

I think that the problem passage is like that because it does go up to the 10th fret - and if your guitar is like mine it doesn't actually sound too good up there. Also I find playing chords with a barre above the 5th fret awkward.

The problem with a passage like this is that the note values are difficult to sort out - I have come to the conclusion that for reasons to do with the way music was engraved there isn't always a clear distinction made between the note values and you just have to make something up - and original composition has never been anything I would claim to be good at...suggestions for improvements are always welcome...

The underlying harmonic progression is

e   b   f#   e   B   e

i   v   ii   i   V   i

Not a very typical passacaglia progression - really just a take on i V i.

It is very difficult to judge how talented a composer Foscarini really was with the music so badly printed. He is certainly one of the earliest if not the earliest guitarist to have published a sequence of passacaglie like this.....

Can you put your recording onto your plucked turkey site as I would like to listen to it?

Cheers

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Walsh" <s.wa...@ntlworld.com>