To: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Foscarini-Granata

Stuart Walsh wrote:

That is fascinating!   I haven't had time to look at the pieces closely
but it doesn't surprise me.  Most of the introduction to Granata's 1646
book has also been copied from Foscarini.   And he accused Corbetta of
plagiarism! But the pieces may not be by Foscarini either!

Monica
Here are the two corrente (Fosco and Granata)

http://www.pluckedturkeys.co.uk/FoscoGran.jpg

(I hope I haven't made them too small). They are not the same - but very
similar - especially when you play them.

and here is the Foscarini 'sarabande' with the Granata 'pasacagli'

http://www.pluckedturkeys.co.uk/FoscoGran1.jpg

Stuart

Stuart

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Walsh" <s.wa...@ntlworld.com>