i>>?

   No - I think that they might not have hired Private Musicke with a less
   well known singer.

   Maybe I am completely wrong - but I think she would be the big
   attraction.   The other singers which they work with are not so well
   known over here.

   I was thinking a bit more about it right now.   In England we seem to
   prefer the Emma Kirkby/choirboy kind of voice and we assume that this
   is how people sang in the past.  Italian singers today have a
   different,  more dramatic approach and they may actually be closer to
   how the Italian repertoire was performed in the 17th century.   (I know
   that Kozena isn't Italian...)

   As far as the broadcast was concern the imbalence between the singer
   and the group may have been due to the recording.

   And in the end - as ever - it is a matter of personal taste and tastes
   differ.

   Monica