Like the Red Queen in "Alice in Wonderland" you think that you can use words to mean what you say they mean, not what other people think they mean. Bartolotti's music is to some extent contrapuntal but not consistently so. When we analyse it we analyse the counterpoint not the polyphony.

Why make it more complicated than it is? Bartolotti wrote polyphonic music. When we play it, it is hoped that we can hear the different voices.

you think that you can use words to mean what you say they mean, not what other people think they mean.

I really should ask you to be more precise.

The fact that you don't seem to understand the basic terminology and your analysis of the music often seems to be faulty makes me wonder how much you really know about musical theory.

Now we seem to have a repertoire consisting of 'a predominantly melodic line interspersed
with occasional chords.'
The word 'predominantly' makes it very vague.
Are you suggesting that, for example, the music in Granata's 1684 book is not in simultaneous parts?
(the simultaneity not always being immediately apparent)

Lex