Greetings Mark,

Rather peripheral to the interests of this list, but I work with the North
American Great Lakes based from the Ohio State University.  Bio-Cheers to
you!

I come to the music from folk music in my distant past, then hard rock, then
modern classical guitar and mandolin, then jazz, and I still love and dabble
in it all.  My heart really is with classical and early mandolins, but I
rarely find the opportunity to indulge.

It sounds to me like you have made a bourdon selection that works for you.
Excellent, and enjoy.

Eugene