From: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
To: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Return to earlier question: {was Re: Agazzari guitar [was Re: Capona?]}

Maybe my comments were a bit cryptic.

Yes - I see what you mean now.

I meant to say that the fourth course
is a fourth higher than the third course. With non re-entrant stringing it
would have been a fifth lower than the third course. The intervallic
structure can be compared to the 'temple viejo', and as far as I know it
was not used on guitars in the 17th century, at least not in Millioni
1631. Seems more like a chitarrino alla Napoletana.

I assume that that is what it is.   Should we assume that chitarrino alla
Napoletana was the same chitarrino alla Italiana?

I wonder whether there is an native Italian on the list who knows the
meaning or derivation of bordelletto.    Bordello in my dictionary is given
as a brothel or uproar.

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>