To: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 1:43 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Sanz

De Zayas also published a transcription of Sanz (I can't remember how
complete) over several issues of Guitar Review. Handwritten tablature
and parallel transcription on single staff with noteheads both
regular and square (indicating notes from the 4th and 5th courses and
notated an octave higher than modern guitar tuning).

The intent was to publish the complete works, issued intermittently.
Guitar Review GR-40 (Winter 1976) contains introductory material then
starts with Libro Primero [Part One] -- from "Passacalle" to
"Passacalle sobre la D..Noviembre 1674".
Guitar Review GR-42, continued with Part II -- with "Jacaras" and the
D major "Canarios".

I don't know if the project continued any further.

-- R