On 30/10/2013 15:05, Monica Hall wrote:
    I have now put on my web page a revised and much expanded version of my
    study of Bartolotti    I have completely redone the musical examples
    because I now have a better programme for doing staff notation.   There
    are also a few more illustrations of one sort or another including a
    much better reproduction of the portrait of him from his Secondo
    Libro.  The reproduction in the Minkoff facsimile which everyone copies
    is awful and desn't give any real idea of what he looked like.   In the
    book itself the engraving is even better.

    All this is at  [1]http://monicahall.co.uk

Lots (and lots) of detail here, Monica! Does his portrait say anything about him, do you think?

Are there any fairly easy and straightforward pieces by him?

Stuart

    As ever