Hello,
   A friend told me about his 550$ Mexican-made Jarana, which he uses as a
   baroque guitar. The luthier who makes these instruments is Tacho
   Utrera. He is happy with the instrument.
   As I am considering ordering one, does anybody have any direct or
   indirect experience with this kind of instrument? I had the chance to
   listen to a sample: It maybeA does not sound as 'dry' as a baroque
   guitar, but overall the sound was good, quite unlikeA a classical
   guitar.
   The alternative for a cheap instrument would be the Thomann baroque
   guitar, but that's risky, I believe.
   Thanks in advance for your help!
   Best,
   Matteo