I was very pleased with Bill Carter's review
http://earlymusicreview.com/lex-eisenhardt-italian-guitar-music-of-the-seven
teenth-century/ even if I do not completely agree with everything in it.

Of course I'm aware that the issue of Corbetta's dissonance is contentious.
But as a player you are bound to choose.
The 'fundamentalist' position (you should play everything exactly like it's
written, you'll learn to like it) is one possible option. However, in some
occasions this leads to an enigmatic (extremely dissonant) harmonic idiom;
which is now supposed to be what Corbetta was exploring. I would prefer to
consider other explanations.

Lex

PS. The theories presented in Monica's on-line article did not convince me.
So I didn't use it for the text. That was the main reason not to include it
in the Bibliography. However, there are several other of her articles listed
there.