From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   To: "mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>; VihuelaList
   <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>; Baroque Lute List
   <baroque-l...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Friday, 9 February 2018, 14:26
   Subject: Further to Re: Moravsky MS (CZ. Brno D 189) - a fresh tack! 2
   Dear Monica.
   Thanks for your latest of 31 Jan (below) and forgive the delay in
   replying - it's only today risen to the top of my current 'to do' list!
   I note what you say and will respond in due course. However, to enable
   me to do this properly, it will be helpful if you would now confirm
   precisely what your position is on the instrument(s) required for the
   pieces in this MS.  In my last of 29 Jan (- also below) I wrote:
   '- as I understand it from what you have written, your position is that
   the vast majority (about 98%) of
    the some 124 works for plucked instruments in this MS are for a six
   course gytarra and that just three
    are for a mandora (according to you a twelve course instrument with
   five fingered courses and seven
    free basses -  you stated that  "The mandora has seven unstopped
   basses" )'
   Is this a correct statement of your position?
   regards
   Martyn
   PS I copy this to the 'Baroque Lute' list since the mandora is a lute
   instrument - and a baroque lute to boot!
   ======