----Original Message----
From: heiman.dan...@juno.com
Date: 23/04/2018 12:34
To: <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subj: RE: [VIHUELA] German translations

Monica:

This is an entry in the court financial records for the period 13
November (1648) to the end of July 1649:

"To Johann Francisco Corbetta, on account (honor) of the instruction in
guitar playing given to the royal person, 60 florins was handed over."

(The guitar instruction that Kaiser Leopold received in Vienna, while
still a young prince, from Francesco Corbetta, who lived from ca.1615
to 1681.)

The ledger entry is full of deviations from the modern accepted
spellings and word usage of the German language.

Regards,

Daniel Heiman