I use 1/4-comma MT on my B-guitar when needed. High first fret with
   tastini (singular?) for g# on 3rd string (E-major chord!).
   David
   *******************************
   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl
   *******************************

   On Sun, 12 May 2019 at 10:05, Edward Yong <[3]edward.y...@gmail.com>
   wrote:

     Hi everyone!
     I'm thinking about exploring meantone on my renaissance and baroque
     guitars. At the moment they are in equal temperament, but I usually
     have my renaissance lute in 1/4 comma meantone and my baroque
     archlute in 1/6 comma (unless I'm doing earlier music).
     I was wondering about meantone on the two guitars, but was wondering
     whether there was any historical evidence for the use of meantone on
     renaissance and baroque guitars. Also evidence for tastini on them
     would be helpful!
     I have that helpful calculator for frets in various temperaments,
     but can't find anything for early guitars. Should I simply place
     them by ear or use ClearTune for placing frets in the appropriate
     temperaments?
     Best,
     Edward C. Yong
     ========
     ÏοÏÏο ηλεκÏÏονικÏν
ÏαÏÏδÏομείον εκ
     είΠαδοιο ÎµÎ¼ÎµÏ ÎµÏÎμÏθη.
     Hæ litteræ electronicæ ab iPadis missæ sunt.
     This e-mail was sent from my iPad.