On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 03:48:46PM -0400, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> When vile is linked against ncursesw, version 5.9 64-bit in this case, it
> chews up the CPU when highlighting is enabled.

In a quick check with my Debian7, I don't see a problem.
(I used the CHANGES file as something to highlight).

> I don't need to link with ncursesw it's just something that I figured
> should work since it's noted to be compatible.
>
> Let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

well...

        a) which system are you running on (so I can check the package)?
        b) what's your .vilerc look like?
        c) can you reproduce this with a small text file?

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net