On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 07:51:53PM +0000, Wayne Cuddy via discussions
concerning the vile text editor wrote:
> I'm not sure if this has been reported before, please forgive me if
> this is repetitious.
>
> I'm running 9.8t and have not had a chance to upgrade to the
> latest/greatest yet but I don't see mention of this issue being
> corrected in the changelog. The closest I could find was comments from
> 9.7y:
>
>     + improve vile-sh-filt for these cases:
>     + "${number}"
>     + "$(commands)"
>     + "$((expression))"
>     + "${name#value}", etc.
>

> The issue concerns $((expression)) expansions in variable assignments,
> but may not be limited to just this case.
>
> var="prefix$((5*5))suffix"
       ^ string
                ^expression
                     ^ string?

> prefix appears correctly highlighted, suffix does not, it seems the
> syntax highlighting terminates after the final ')' character.

Just looking at the source, the line

        <EXPRS>{BACKTIC2_UP}    { handle_backtic2(yytext, yyleng,
LEN_BACKTIC2_DOWN, 0); }

is probably what should trigger on the "))", which takes it into

    if (FLTSTACK_OK && (which <= 0) && (FLTSTACK_THIS.backtic == test)) {

and fails there for some reason -- otherwise it would go back to the
string/literal coloring.

(I'm in the middle of ncurses, but may dig into it tomorrow to get a better
answer).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net

  • sh-mode highli... Wayne Cuddy via discussions concerning the vile text editor
    • Re: sh-mo... Thomas Dickey
      • Re: s... Thomas Dickey
        • R... Wayne Cuddy via discussions concerning the vile text editor
          • ... Thomas Dickey