On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 01:42:21PM +0000, Wayne Cuddy via discussions
concerning the vile text editor wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 07:42:01PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 06:20:40PM +0000, Wayne Cuddy via discussions
> > concerning the vile text editor wrote:
> > > On the vile download page:
> > >
> > > https://www.invisible-island.net/vile/vile.html#download
> > >
> > > The links for the source downloads:
> > >
> > > https://www.invisible-island.net/archives/vile/vile.tar.gz
> > >
> > > https://www.invisible-island.net/datafiles/release/vile.tar.gz
> > >
> > > These both seem to point to the older 9.8 release instead of 9.8w. Is
> > > this intentional?
> >
> > sort of (the versioning with letter suffixes seems to be acceptable to
> > everyone -- though I recall quite a while ago a packager refusing to
> > do anything with vile unless it ended ".0" -- and I've seen no real
> > need recently for a "stable release").
> >
> > "current" is where you should look:
> >
> > https://invisible-island.net/datafiles/current/vile.tar.gz
> > https://invisible-island.net/archives/vile/current/vile.tar.gz
> > https://invisible-island.net/archives/vile/current/
> >

> I totally ignored those links for some reason. Perhaps because they are
> suffixed with (for installers).
>
> I'll make a note of that.

sounds good (I'm working on several things currently, but one of the
threads leads back to vile - will have to think how to better lay out
the page).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net

  • vile source li... Wayne Cuddy via discussions concerning the vile text editor
    • Re: vile ... Thomas Dickey
      • Re: v... Wayne Cuddy via discussions concerning the vile text editor
        • R... Thomas Dickey