On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 10:55:07AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 01:57:30PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > This relates to my recent posting about trying to use the '-c' command
> > line option.  However it's now a more general problem/question.
> >
> > Whenever I add a '-c command' (or a '+ command', or a '-g NNN') to the
> > command line vile opens two windows, the file I want is in the first
> > window and the following is in the second (lower) window:-
> >
> >     [Reading /home/chris/.vilerc]
>
> perhaps your .vilerc doesn't set nopopup-msgs (or sets popup-msgs)

My .vilerc is:-

    ;
    ;
    ; Basic configuration
    ;
    set autoindent shiftwidth=4 nowrapscan flash notabinsert modeline
    set c-shiftwidth=4 smoothscroll timeoutlen=100 undolimit=100 noerrorbells
    set tabstop=8 c-tabstop=8
    set file-encoding=utf-8
    set fcolor=black
    set noautobuffer
    ;
    ;
    ; map commands, work in command mode
    ;
    ;   F4 - set tabstops to 4 (for code which was built that way, not mine)
    ;   F5 - change /* ... */ comments to // comments
    ;   F6 - turn off autoindent and line wrap, i.e. text 'as is'
    ;   F7 - remove spaces after ( and before )
    ;   F8 - set tabstops to 8 (my default)
    ;
    map #4 :set tabstop=4 c-tabstop=4
    map #5 :1,$s/[      ]*;[    ]*$/;/
    map #6 :set noautoindent wrapmargin=0 linewrap
    map #7 :1,$s/( /(/g
:1,$s/ )/)/g
    map #8 :set tabstop=8 c-tabstop=8
    ;
    ;
    ; map commands for special characters, work in insert mode
    ;
    ;
    ;   F4 - ✔ tick
    ;
    map! #4 u2714

    22 store-macro
        ~force execute-hypertext-command
        ~if &not $status
            ~force forward-character-to-eol
        ~endif
    ~endm
    bind-key execute-macro-22 ^M
    ;
    ;
    ; set up syntax highlighting
    ;
    source filters.rc
    setv $autocolor-hook HighlightFilter
    setv $read-hook HighlightFilter
    set autocolor=500
    set bcolor=default
    ;
    ;
    ; a .ini file isn't a DOS file in my world
    ;
    remove-submode ini dos
    ;
    ;
    ; a file with no suffix is a text file
    ;
    define-submode txt suffixes ''
    ;
    ;
    ; Set up ^K as 'compose' key for accented characters
    ;
    source digraphs.rc

But it's happenning before reading .vilerc isn't it?

--
Chris Green