james wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > One of the things I usually do with editors is go through a number of
 > files making related edits. e.g.
 >
 >     vile a.c b.c c.c
 >
 > I would have assumed the natural way to do this in vile would be to
 > remove the current buffer when I've finished with it, but there appears
 > to be no default key binding for this. I'd have to either use * and ^X-k,

I think the problem might be with your assumption.  The natural way to
use vile, in this case, is to write each file as you finish with it, if
you wish, but there's no reason to remove them from the editor.  When
editing a set of files that way, I usually just edit them all, using
":n" in between, as Tom suggested, and when I'm finished I use ":ww" or
":wwq" to write them all (and then quit).

In a long editing session, perhaps working with dozens of files, I do
sometimes kill some off just to reduce the clutter.  And then I usually
use ^A-k (to kill the current buffer) or * and ^X-k as you suggest.

paul
paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma)