On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 11:32:15AM -0500, Brian O'Shea wrote:
> Has anybody successfully built on Centos 9?

actually I hadn't done anything with Centos 9 (had looked at upgrading
a Centos 8 Stream to Centos 9 early this year, but -- on VirtualBox 6 --
found that didn't work).

however... a new install of Centos 9 (with VirtualBox 7...) and checking
on the build - nothing "unusual".  But I built from current source, which
includes fixes for the compiler warning "improvements" introduced this
year, which break configure scripts.

https://github.com/ThomasDickey/vile-snapshots

doing that, I was able to build rpms with the perl extension.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net