Hi, in Vim/Neovim I can save a copy of the file when I exit. The copy is
renamed file-$(date +%s).bak. This gives me a file with an increasing number
plus .bak. It looks like "date+%s" and  "&stime" do the same thing. Is this
possible in vile? I know I can save a file as file.bak but I like to save a
series of changed files, not just one.
So a macro that saves a copy and I then call that macro with write-hook.
Thanks.

Politics is like driving a car: If you want to go forward you put it in D,
if you want to go backwards you put it in R.

  • macro ques... david sowerby
    • Re: m... Thomas Dickey
      • R... Mike Mackovitch via discussions concerning the vile text editor
      • R... david sowerby
    • Re: m... Brendan O'Dea
      • R... Thomas Dickey