From: paul giancarlo/mary shaffer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 7:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Topic #3 Introduction

Hi All,
  My name is Mary and I live in Ashland and am new as a "active" participant in the village well.
  I have worked with parents and children for  20 years now, and have been an inactive, yet active student of process work for the past 10 years.
  Ada, what do you specifically mean by subversive?  Personally, I think there are different kind of subversions.  For instance, like we talk about in process work, someone in a group setting may be attempting to get in touch with the power/authority/knowing and may be bringing it into a group because at some level they need support in coming out more as a leader.
  Then there is the kind of subversion that is disturbing, where it involves inner work and trying to pick up the spirit behind the subversion inorder to help the process unfold more.
   And then, sometimes, I just get stuck and irritated with others and feel myself going into a either or thinking, where I pull out my arsenal of boundary setting.  And, sometimes I feel ok about this, and sometimes I don't.
Those are some of my thoughts in the moment.
Mary