On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 09:16:17AM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hi Bram,
>
> On 4/13/06, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Benji Fisher wrote:
> >
> > >      I just tried
> > >
> > > :!gvim
> > >
> > > and all I got was
> > >
> > > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
> > > Vim: Finished.
> > >
> > > Command terminated
> > >
> > > Press ENTER or type command to continue
> > >
> > > I am using vim 7.0d on Linux (FC2).  I get the same result running vim
> > > (in a gnome-terminal) or gvim.
> >
> > Works fine for me...  Check what program is actually executed, perhaps
> > in a ":!" shell $PATH is different.
>
> I am able to reproduce this crash only in the GTK version of gvim.
> In the Motif and Win32 versions, it works fine.
>
> - Yegappan

     I do not think there is anything funny about the shell I get with
:! .  I tried

:! echo $PATH
:! echo $HOME
:! which gvim
:! gvim --version

and got the expected results.

     It may have something to do with GTK.  I am running the default
build of vim on FC2, which means GTK2 GUI.

     Now for the odd part.  Someone else suggested that it might be a
script problem, so I tried -u NONE and other things.

:!gvim                                  " SEGV
:!gvim -u ~/.vimrc -U ~/.gvimrc         " no problem

Yegappan, do you get the same result?  Anyone else on GTK?

                                        --Benji Fisher