--- Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Xavier de Gaye wrote:
>
> > When running Vim 7.0d on FC3 as:
> >
> > $ gvim -u cfg.vim
> >
> > with cgf.vim as:
> >
> > "=========================================================
> > " some sample menus with priorities
> > an 01.100 To.up                 <C-W>R<C-L>
> > an 01.200 To.down               <C-W>r<C-L>
> >
> > an 02.100 Session.getsession    :source ~/.vim/wk/
> > an 02.200 Session.mksession     :mksession! ~/.vim/wk/
> >
> > " setup for console menus
> > set guioptions=acgirLtMe
> > set wildmenu
> > set cpo-=<
> > set wcm=<C-Z>
> > map <F4> :emenu <C-Z>
> > "=========================================================
> >
> > The console menus (displayed after hitting <F4>), are ordered using
> > alphabetical order instead of the configured priorities. This is a
> > different behavior from the behavior in vim6.4.
> >
> > After setting 'set guioptions+=m', one can see that the GUI menus
> > priorities are set correctly with the configured priorities, though.
>
> The generic completion function is now sorting the matches.  I can see
> you don't want this for ":emenu".  How about the other ":*menu"
> commands?  I think we should probably skip the sorting there too.

Yes.

I prefer using completion on the ':emenu' command (console menus)
instead of the GUI menus, because I try to avoid using the mouse.
And it saves one screen line. And you can still use those same
menus on a console, for example on cygwin.
So it would be nice if the most often used menus and submenus can
be set in the first positions to avoid cycling through the whole
menu list.

Xavier

--
http://clewn.sourceforge.net           gdb support in Vim