Hi!

I suppose you wanted to send your answer to the list, so I have put the email address of the list as CC.

Well, <Tab> is already used for indentation or inserting spaces/tabs till you are at the next tabstop. So your suggestion would produce much more confusion.

However, you can map it, if you want:

inoremap <Tab> <C-N>

Alternatively you can write a function which checks what to do.

I personally use the mapping

inoremap <C-Space> <C-N>

Best wishes,
Georg