Hello,

Using vim 7.0g, when I try to run :mkspell on a spell file of mine (containing utf-8 characters), I get this:

Reading word file spellfile.utf-8.add ...
Conversion in spellfile.utf-8.add not supported: from tf-8 to utf-8
Compressing word tree...
Compressed 777 of 1971 nodes; 1194 (60%) remaining
Compressed 30 of 108 nodes; 78 (72%) remaining
Writing spell file spellfile.utf-8.add.spl ...
Done!
Estimated runtime memory use: 6360 bytes

The command succeeds, and as far as I can tell the spellfile is correct, but the error at the top about converting from tf-8 to utf-8 is worrisome. If it helps, the first line of my spellfile is ā€œ/encoding=utf-8ā€. Anyone know if maybe Iā€™m doing something wrong?

~Kyle
--
It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
                                                        -- David Brin