Robert Webb wrote:

> During insert-mode completion, there's no visual feedback when hitting
> backspace.
>
> Just now I typed some characters and hit ^P.  It went searching
> through header files so I realised I'd made a typo, since the match
> should have come from the current file.  I had typed "FOOCAR" instead
> of "FOOBAR" say.  In vim 6.3 I could have just hit backspace a few
> times, corrected my typo, and then done the completion again.  You can
> still do that, but as you hit backspace the text on the screen does
> not change (at least not while it's still searching through header
> files, which lasts 15 seconds in a test I just did).  I hit backspace
> and I still just see "FOOCAR".  I hit backspace again and still I just
> see "FOOCAR".  Another backspace and the text changes to show a match
> from the current file "FOOLPROOF" or whatever.  But the lack of
> feedback in the meantime is confusing, and I can't tell what my
> backspace did or whether it did anything.  I should have seen "FOOCA"
> then "FOOC".
>
> I'm also still finding it annoying when I ^N/^P past the end of the
> match-menu while vim is still searching.  This should simply cycle
> around the matches listed so far.  Instead it get stuck making it hard
> to get back onto the existing menu at all.

If no matches are found then typing BS doesn't seem to have immediate
effect.  Looks like this is a simple matter of redrawing the line.

I also notice that it interrupts the searching immediately and typing
another key stops searching again, causing only a subset of the matches
to be found.  I'll try to fix that.

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.