I am trying to use the  ':py' interface to evaluate text under cursor and show
the result in a balloon text.  I got the python and vim code to work easily,
however I have problem communicating between the two (py and vim):

1. How do I access vim variables in py commands
  (like text under cursor, all the 'let variables', 'set options')?

2. In the Balloon vim function, how do I access py variables.
   Note that I am not  happy with just printing the py result on the
message line -
   I want the py output (ot data structures
   in a vim variable to display it in a balloon.

A transparent clean py/vim interface will allow us to
reuse a large part of python library inside vim scripts.

Any help appreciated.
thanks,
Mohsin