Anatoli Sakhnik wrote:

> The gui-enabled win32 version of Vim-7.0 crashes when I try to launch
> it on a network drive. Actually, I have Vim-7.0 installed on my
> Windows XP host, and try to execute it without copying on Windows 2000
> guest. On the guest I mapped a network path where the Vim was placed
> to disk letter Z:.
> I've been trying to dig into the problem (at the expense of my
> employer ;-) ), but it appeared to be more complicated than I
> expected.
> So it exposed even in the _compatible_ mode, didn't refer to any
> plugin. The stack got corrupted and the only tracable line of the code
> was: regexp.c:4198.
> Just before the trap the debugger complained that someone wrote data
> after allocated heap block (the address corresponds to the variable
> 'cond').
>
> Should I pay more attention on this bug to provide more info?
>
> -- Anatoli Sakhnik.
>
> P.S.: The version without gui works just fine.

Strange.  I didn't see any replies and I also haven't heard from someone
running into the same problem.  I suspect there is something special
about the way you start Vim.  For Vim it doesn't matter from what drive
it is started, but perhaps some library works differently.

--
Ten bugs in the hand is better than one as yet undetected.