Mathias Michaelis wrote:

> first of all: THANKS!
>
> > This issue is explained in MSDN in section about SxS - Side by
> > Side Components.  I've attached patch against current
> > GvimExt/gvimext.rc that would make resource compiler add manifest
> > inside generated DLL - this is what is required to make it run on
> > WinXP SP2 and Win2k3.
> >
> I first tried your patch, but then the resource compiler complained
> he couldn't find a file named "winres.h". I then restored the
> original files, applied the following patch to your patch, and then
> applied your patch again. This was a full success! The dll now
> worked! The patch that I had to apply to your patch was: Change the
> names winres.h <--> winresrc.h:

[...]

I have seen a few messages on the subject.  Can someone merge everything
and send me a patch for the final solution?  I don't have this compiler
thus I can't try it out myself.

--
ZOOT:  I'm afraid our life must seem very dull and quiet compared to yours.
       We are but eightscore young blondes, all between sixteen and