Dear colleagues,
I have 2 problems with gvim

1/ when I start gvim in Windows XP (double click on icon), gvim opens without
invoking the _gvimrc.vim. I have _gvimrc.vim located in c:\programs\vim. I have
also tried to put _gvimrc.vim into c:\programs\vim\vim70 but it was not
automatically started from there either.

2/ I am using gvim for edition my latex files and have the Latex-Suite as an
add-in. That has generated some conflict: whenever I press a '.' I get
'<C-R>=<SID>SmartDots()<CR>'.

Here is my _gvimrc.vim:
" An example for a gvimrc file.
" The commands in this are executed when the GUI is started.
"
" Maintainer:   Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
" Last change:  2001 Sep 02
"
" To use it, copy it to
"     for Unix and OS/2:  ~/.gvimrc
"             for Amiga:  s:.gvimrc
"  for MS-DOS and Win32:  $VIM\_gvimrc
"           for OpenVMS:  sys$login:.gvimrc

" Make external commands work through a pipe instead of a pseudo-tty
"set noguipty

" set the X11 font to use
" set guifont=-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-130-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1

set ch=2                " Make command line two lines high

set mousehide           " Hide the mouse when typing text

" Make shift-insert work like in Xterm
map <S-Insert> <MiddleMouse>
map! <S-Insert> <MiddleMouse>

" Only do this for Vim version 5.0 and later.
if version >= 500

  " I like highlighting strings inside C comments
  let c_comment_strings=1

  " Switch on syntax highlighting if it wasn't on yet.
  if !exists("syntax_on")
    syntax on
  endif

  " Switch on search pattern highlighting.
  set hlsearch

  " For Win32 version, have "K" lookup the keyword in a help file
  "if has("win32")
  "  let winhelpfile='windows.hlp'
  "  map K :execute "!start winhlp32 -k <cword> " . winhelpfile <CR>
  "endif

  " Set nice colors
  " background for normal text is light grey
  " Text below the last line is darker grey
  " Cursor is green, Cyan when ":lmap" mappings are active
  " Constants are not underlined but have a slightly lighter background
  highlight Normal guibg=grey90
  highlight Cursor guibg=Green guifg=NONE
  highlight lCursor guibg=Cyan guifg=NONE
  highlight NonText guibg=grey80
  highlight Constant gui=NONE guibg=grey95
  highlight Special gui=NONE guibg=grey95

endif

" Begin LatexSuite
" REQUIRED. This makes vim invoke latex-suite when you open a tex file.
filetype plugin on

" IMPORTANT: win32 users will need to have 'shellslash' set so that latex
" can be called correctly.
set shellslash

" IMPORTANT: grep will sometimes skip displaying the file name if you
" search in a singe file. This will confuse latex-suite. Set your grep
" program to alway generate a file-name.
set grepprg=grep\ -nH\ $*

" OPTIONAL: This enables automatic indentation as you type.
filetype indent on
" End LatexSuite

 set guifont=SAS_Monospace:h11  "rja
 "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-130-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1

set ch=2                " Make command line two lines high

set mousehide           " Hide the mouse when typing text

set ai
set textwidth=100
set wm=10

set history=50

set ruler
set cp!

set showcmd

map <F5> i{<Esc>ea}<Esc>

" Make shift-insert work like in Xterm
map <S-Insert> <MiddleMouse>
map! <S-Insert> <MiddleMouse>
map! #n \~{n}
map! #a \'{a}
map! #A \'{A}
map! #e \'{e}
map! #E \'{E}
map! #i \'{\i}
map! #o \'{o}
map! #O \'{O}
map! #u \'{u}
map! #U \'{U}

map! 14c $^{14}$C

" Only do this for Vim version 5.0 and later.
if version >= 500

  " I like highlighting strings inside C comments
  let c_comment_strings=1

  " Switch on syntax highlighting if it wasn't on yet.
  if !exists("syntax_on")
    syntax on
  endif

  " Switch on search pattern highlighting.
  set hlsearch

  " For Win32 version, have "K" lookup the keyword in a help file
  "if has("win32")
  "  let winhelpfile='windows.hlp'
  "  map K :execute "!start winhlp32 -k <cword> " . winhelpfile <CR>
  endif

Robert Jandl, Univ-Doz, Dipl.-Ing. Dr
Bundesforschungs- und Ausbildungszentrum
für Wald, Naturgefahren und Landschaft (BFW)
Seckendorff Gudent Weg 8
A-1131 Wien, Österreich
Tel +43 1 87838 1302
FAX +43 1 87838 1250