Christoph Koegl wrote:

> I noticed the following in VIM 7:
> - When I have multiple tabs and windows in each tab open, and I am
>   doing a :bufdo :e to reload all buffers, the list of files is
>   printed as they are being reloaded. After finishing, however, the
>   last file having been reloaded is put into the window which had the
>   focus, instead of the file that had been there before.

:bufdo does its work in the current window.  You can do something like:

        :tabdo windo edit

Be aware of side effects though!  You probably want to tune this to your
needs.

> - Options cursorline and cursorcolumn are very useful. I suspect that they
>   complicate the already complicated highlighting interactions even further.
>   E.g., hlsearch-highlighted patterns take precedence (which is ok!), but
>   background colors of syntax-highlighted text don't. Can you add something
>   to enable the user to choose which background color should prevail
>   (i.e. syntax-background vs. cursorline-background)?

I don't like adding options for such details.

> - In VIM 6, when starting an incremental search, as I was typing more
>   and more letters, the line number shown in the status line was
>   updated to be equal to the line of the current match, i.e. it
>   increased as I was typing. This is no longer the case in VIM 7. I
>   found the VIM 6 behavior more useful.

This is probably due to an optimization in redrawing.  I can force the
ruler to be updated.

--
ARTHUR: Charge!
   [They all charge with swords drawn towards the RABBIT.  A tremendous twenty