On 9/13/06, Ian Kilgore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 11:27:43AM +0300, Yakov Lerner wrote:
> Nice. So simple. I have couple of comments.

Thank you :)

> 1. Don't you need to reset 'paste' back to 'nopaste' when
> high cps stops ?

There is a hastily coded version of the patch that does this, but I
don't like it.  It seems hackier (most likely my fault), and stranger to
use.  That is, as far as I know, inavoidable, since I have to wait until
at least one second after the paste ends and the user starts typing
before I can know to end the paste.  I'm open to suggestions as to how
to do that better.  I'll attach both patches this time.

> 2. It would be better if cps be settable, not hardcoded to 30.
> Maybe value of 'autopaste' can be made the cps boundary
> 'set autopaste=30', value 0 disables ?

Good idea.  Fixed in this version.

I think this is useful feature if it can be made reliable.
How reliable is this detection ? What are cases when it breaks ?

Let's say there is 'nmap <F5> ...' or 'imap <F5> ...' or iabbr
where rhs has more that 30 chars (and autopaste threshold is 30 cps).
If user presses F5, will paste be [wrongly] triggered ? Do you check
whether chars come from mapping vs not from mapping ?

Yakov