Christian MICHON wrote:
On 3/6/06, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

GTK2 does everything with UTF-8, thus it should work as it is.

I know this is a bit late, but I tried today to make a custom gtk2
gvim build without multibyte, and I apparently cannot unless I
change heavily the code around the utf8 stuff...

The problem I face is that all my previous builds were gtk-1.2.10
without multibyte, and when I do cut and paste from gvim 7
to one of those gtk1 build, I get nasty [EMAIL PROTECTED]@ chains
embedded in whatever I copy.

Is there a fix or this is the expected gtk2 behaviour ?

GTK2 gvim does all its I/O in UTF-8. Therefore, IIUC, you cannot have both +gui_gtk2 and -multibyte.

You might try setting 'encoding' to latin1 in the GTK2 build to see if it makes a difference. Of course, there's no way you can paste codepoints > U+00FF into an 8-bit build of Vim, except as multi-byte gibberish.

The long-term fix, of course, is to stop using those earlier -multibyte builds. 8-bit _files_ should be compatible between + and - multibyte builds anyway.

Best regards,
Tony.