Yakov Lerner wrote:

> I observe that CursorHold is not triggered when cursor
> in spending long time in commandline, correct ?
>
> Is it possible to trigger CursorHold also when cursor is
> in command line ? (Maybe by some :au CursorHold
> <commandline> syntax ?)

That would be the CursorHoldC event.  I would have to look into whether
this is possible.  Side effects can be a problem, executing commands
while halfway editing a command...

> BTW does all this mean that if I enter commandline (:) within
> less than 'updatetime' from last change, .swp file is not updated
> all the time I am still in commandline ?

'updatetime' is also used while editing the command line.

--
At some point in the project somebody will start whining about the need to
determine the project "requirements".  This involves interviewing people who