Alexey I. Froloff wrote:
There is bug in vim...

According to :help :map-alt-keys :

By default Vim assumes that pressing the ALT key sets the 8th bit
of a typed character.

This is wrong for 8-bit non-ascii locales.  Example:

:imap <M-i> something

maps CYRILLIC CAPITAL I (in KOI8-R locale) instead of Alt-I.

Also, vim suggests to set "convert-meta" to "on" in inputrc which
is also wrong for 8-bit non-ascii locales.

Finally, typing <C-V><M-i> in insert mode gives me the same
CYRILLIC CAPITAL I...

I think there should be option for Meta handling...

This just means that Vim cannot distinguish between a CYRILLIC CAPITAL I sent by your keyboard because you hit the И key, or the same bit-pattern sent by your keyboard because you hit the Alt and I keys together. There's nothing Vim can do about it, all it sees is все еще то же самое...

Best regards,
Tony.