From: dotpanic dotpanic homelinux.org, Thu, November 02, 2006 6:11 am

> I'm pretty new to this mailing list and I hope I'm posting at the
> right place. I just want to report a simple bug, easy to reproduce.
>
> I have only tested it on Windows.
>
> Open vim, write a single 10000 characters line (filled with blanks
> for  example), and just maximize the window.
>
> On my PC, I get the following error:
>
> Vi Improved - A Text Editor has encountered a problem and needs to
> close. We are sorry blabla...
>
> The details are:
> AppName: gvim.exe AppVer: 7.0.262.0 ModName: gvim.exe
> ModVer: 7.0.262.0 Offset: 0012c053
>
> Is the problem reproducible on your configurations?

I don't see it, but Vim has always had a weakness with long lines. For
me, the line takes more than 5 seconds to refresh on any movement, so
there is obviously some heavy duty processing going on somewhere.

Just curious, where does one download Vim 7.0.262 ? :)

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]