charles--

i may have horked it up getting it extracted from the vimball and put in
place -- i'm not happy with the paths vimball chooses to place it on --
i want it available both to myself and root, to which end i am copying
all the modules to /usr/local/shr/vim/vim70/whatever

i am running SUSE linux 10.0, my current vim is 7.0.178

i've tried this before in an attempt to get away from the way all these
latest netrws reset my formatoptions for me -- i've noticed they
also replace the latest search argument, another annoyance, so
every time i see another announcement of a new netrw, i struggle
to get it installed and try it out

this one gives numerous errors:

Error detected while processing function netrw#Explore:
line    2:
E121: Undefined variable: b:netrw_curdir
E15: Invalid expression: b:netrw_curdir
line   68:
E121: Undefined variable: curfile
E116: Invalid arguments for function
substitute(curfile,'^.*/','','e').'\>','cW')
E116: Invalid arguments for function search

then it comes up without syntax highlighting when i clear the errors
-- also it changes my formatoptions, still, so i haven't gained anything
over and above all these new error messages

i will be reverting to my previous version (v98) -- i've got a :so ~/.vimrc
mapped so i can get my formatoptions and whatever else it resets
back (but not the last search arg!) easily

sorry to be such a pest,

scott

--
scott