Simon Pamies Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 3:19 AM
  >* Simon Pamies wrote, On 27.12.2006 11:50 Uhr:
  >> Hi All,
  >>
  >> I had some problems using the :buffer listing. If you have many
  >> files (read 30+) open, the :buffer list is cluttered up with

  I usually have over 100 buffers, and have no problems with
  the existing support for buffers.

  >> long directory names (especially if working with files
  >> scattered over many directories) and you loose overview.

  It is possible to write a plugin to list buffers sorted by
  name (http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=976) -- but this is
  not really needed most of the time!

  >> Switching to another buffer can be a real pain especially
  >> because the completion completes on directory names.

  Don't see what the problem is.  The following

       :b <partial> <tab>

  works fine for me.

  >> If you have directories named like files then you're typing
  >> stuff w/o getting to your file.
  >
  > I just discovered a bug introduced shortly before creating the
  > diffs: If hitting WCHAR after menu is shown, completion will
  > still take directories. Will fix that in the next few days.

  Better to do such customizations as a plugin rather than patch the
  sources.

  --Suresh