Dnia pon sty 1 2007, AOYAMA Shotaro napisaƂ:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a small patch for specifying a window in which vim opens
> an error when you hit ENTER in a quickfix window.
> With this patch, you may hit "3<CR>" in the quickfix window,
> then the selected error is displayed in the window #3.
>
> Often I face a situation that I want to display an error,
> but don't want to hide a buffer in the above window
> or open a new window and break window layout.
> I think this feature would be helpful in such time.
>
> What do you people think about this?

Feature is definitely useful, I was very often missing such
functionality. But way to open it... "3<cr>" usually means "go 3 lines
down" - even when it doesn't work in quickfix window.

IMO better way would be to make <C-W><CR> to accept count, eg.:
3<C-W><CR>

Note: decision belongs to Bram who is on his usual December/January
holidays/visit to Uganda.

m.