According to my reading of :help load-plugins the plugins should be
loaded following the runtimepath ordering. That is: first load all the
plugins in the first component of runtimepath, then all the plugins in
the second component and so on.

According to my experiments however this is not the case. It looks like
all the plugins from all the components of the runtimepath are loaded in
alphabetic order.

For example, I have the following runtimepath:

runtimepath=~/.vim,/var/lib/vim/addons,/usr/share/vim/addons,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles,/usr/share/vim/vim70,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/after,/usr/share/vim/addons/after,/var/lib/vim/addons/after,~/.vim/after

with matchit.vim installed (i.e. symlinked) under
/usr/share/vim/addons/plugin/. If I add the following plugin to my
~/.vim:

  $ cat .vim/plugin/no-matchit.vim
  let loaded_matchit = 1

matchit is still loaded and works properly (note that no-matchit >
matchit in alphabetic order). However if I move it as follows:

  $ mv .vim/plugin/no-matchit.vim .vim/plugin/lo-matchit.vim

matchit is prevented to be loaded.

Is this a bug or a underspecification in the vim docs?

Cheers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],debian.org,bononia.it} -%- http://www.bononia.it/zack/