On Sat 27-Jan-07 2:09pm -0600, you wrote:

> It appears that this plugin comes pre-installed. Maybe
> this should be made into a patch for extra? Bram?

Runtime files are kept fairly well updated at the Vim FTP
site.  You can update those files from there.  Scripts have
been provided for 'nix and Windows to update local files.
For Windows, using 4nt, this one-liner will do the update:

  copy /[!*~]/u/s ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/dos vrt:

where vrt: is a directory alias for my $VIMRUNTIME.

Dr Chip's plugins, included in the $VIMRUNTIME, are usually
kept fairly recent.

I prefer not to see patches included for $VIMRUNTIME because
they usually generate error messages for those of us who
keep fairly current - since they patch older versions.

Sometimes changes to source require changes to, say, .vim
files in runtime - in which case uploads to the patches site
should, ideally, be accompanied by uploads to the runtime
site.

--
Best regards,
Bill