[Previous copy was bounced by vim.org because it wasn't plaintext. Sorry for any duplicates.]

George V. Reilly wrote:
Bram Moolenaar wrote:
Alexei Alexandrov wrote:
Do I understand it correct that EXITFREE define in Vim source code can
be used to make sure all resources are cleaned up on exit (and those
which are not should be treated as leaks)? To be able to use it on
Windows I had to do the following changes:

Thanks for the patch.  I never tried EXITFREE on Win32.  What memory
checker to you use with it?  Aren't there Win32-specific things that
need to be freed?

Windows will release any outstanding memory or handles allocated by a program when the program exits, so this is redundant. It may be useful for detecting leaks, however.
--
/George V. Reilly  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog